Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Might a deep sink and large garbage disposer be a problem?

On Apr 4, 7:18*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:04:58 GMT, Joy wrote:
We are going to replace the cabinets and add a granite counter in our *
kitchen and part of the job is moving the sink so all the related plumbing *
lines will be relocated.

The contractor says for us to purchase our own undermount sink and a *
disposer. *We found a good deal on a 10 inch deep stainless steel sink *
which will be another inch or so deeper due to the undermounting in the *
granite.

I found a 3/4 hp Sears Kenmore disposer (7 yr in home warranty!) and was *
wondering if this monster would be a problem to install with so deep a *
sink.

All the pipes and drains have to be redone so it's not a question of retro *
fitting them.

Does it sound like all those traps and twisty pipes will go in ok with *
this arrangement?

Don't forget the dishwasher hookup!

Thanks for reassurances or pointing out possible problems!

Joy

Personally Id go for a solid surface type sink but its just
preference.
Dump the Sears crap and get a real disposal. A 1 hp model.
In-Sink-erator works just fine.http://www.insinkerator.com/product/...6&template=hhd
It will all fit just fine with the amount of plumbing fittings
available out there.
Bubba- Hide quoted text -

If you were trying to put a deeper sink into an existing location, it
could be a problem, depending on how far below the sink the waste pipe
coming out of the wall is. Since you're moving the sink, it should
not be a problem. The disposal will have a diagram that shows the
mounting limitations and the plumber can handle it. If you need to
consider other models, they should be available at the manufacturers
website.

3/4 hp is fine, I've never had one more powerful and never had any
problems.