Posted to alt.home.repair
Joy Joy is offline

Default Might a deep sink and large garbage disposer be a problem?

We are going to replace the cabinets and add a granite counter in our
kitchen and part of the job is moving the sink so all the related plumbing
lines will be relocated.

The contractor says for us to purchase our own undermount sink and a
disposer. We found a good deal on a 10 inch deep stainless steel sink
which will be another inch or so deeper due to the undermounting in the
granite.

I found a 3/4 hp Sears Kenmore disposer (7 yr in home warranty!) and was
wondering if this monster would be a problem to install with so deep a
sink.

All the pipes and drains have to be redone so it's not a question of retro
fitting them.

Does it sound like all those traps and twisty pipes will go in ok with
this arrangement?

Don't forget the dishwasher hookup!

Thanks for reassurances or pointing out possible problems!

Joy