Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Modem for cable and dial up on same pc?

David Zeit wrote:

Now that we have a high speed cable connection we do not need dial up.
But it might be nice to have back up. I can add a dial up but will there
be conflicts? The cable modem is always on. Now I put ELNK on the new pc
and maybe I have a problem. I figure we'd only use the dial up if the
high speed went down. Is there a way to set it up so ELNK couldn't
connect if the other one did? Or could you disable the cable modem and
use dial up should you want to.

Or should we drop ELNK and go to a Free ISP like Net Zero? But then the
same questions exists.... having a high speed cable connection and a
dial up on the same pc.Conflicts? Will it work?

Yes, but not at the same time. Earthlink gives you 20 hours a month
dialup as a backup for broadband outages.

Net Zero only gives you 10 free hours a month, and they have no NTTP
servers.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html