Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Very interesting homemade trailer

On 2008-04-04, Backlash wrote:

The vending machine company in our area uses a trailer like that to deliver
some of it's large machines. It worked pretty darn well for it's purpose.
They rolled the machine out on a handtruck, right onto the trailer, lifted,
and off they went.

You know, after all the comments here, etc, I think that ramps and
winches are probaly a safer way to go.

Good idea. Poor execution.

Needs a way to lock the wheels to the frame that does not rely on the
long moment arm acting on the lift shafts.

Maybe a shock absorbing system, betwen the lock point and the ground, too.

I susppect any damage done was due to overloading or overloading and
rough terrain both. Maybe a rated load and really rough ... Maybe.

Cheers
Trevor Jones