Posted to alt.home.repair
SAm E SAm E is offline

Default Garbage disposal replacement

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:01:52 -0500, "S. Barker"
wrote:

Hell there's no need to turn off the power anyway. The durn things are on a
switch. There's no power to them if the switch is off. duh.

What do you think that switch does, if not turning off the power?

"trailer" wrote in message
many disposals just plug into the wall under the sink. just unplug the
disposer-no need to turn off power.

do not get a cheap disposer. just one plumbing call can easily pay for
the
extra cost of a good disposer.

spoken from experience.
wrote in message
I need to put in a new garbage disposal. I know I will need to turn
power off for the kitchen area.
Do I also need to turn off the water? Also what kind of silicone will
I need when I hook up the new disposal?