Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Very interesting homemade trailer

The concept is fine, the execution of this one is terrible. Others have
mentioned the mechanical disadvantage on the cylinder, my first issue
was the long spider legs for the axle mounts. Think bending and twist on
the mount arms.

A well executed trailer that could go from essentially ground level to
dock height with an 18" deck height for transport would really be handy
for anyone who has do deal with truck freight shipments. Ramps have
their place but a 3000# crate is a bear to deal with on a ramp. And
pallet jacks and ramps do NOT mix.

On 2008-04-04, Backlash wrote:
The vending machine company in our area uses a trailer like that to deliver
some of it's large machines. It worked pretty darn well for it's purpose.
They rolled the machine out on a handtruck, right onto the trailer, lifted,
and off they went.

You know, after all the comments here, etc, I think that ramps and
winches are probaly a safer way to go.