Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Very interesting homemade trailer

Ignoramus20845 fired this volley
in :

You know, after all the comments here, etc, I think that ramps and
winches are probaly a safer way to go.

Iggy, I think the concept is safer, just not their execution. I'd rather
hand-truck a heavy item onto a ground-level platform than up a ramp.

Certainly, a trailer could be built that didn't have an 80:1 advantage
over the cylinders, and had a more positive means of locking the
assembly.

(It also appears that the trailer has no decent suspension, although it
might have those chewing gum torsion springs in the axle mounts).

LLoyd