Steve Knight

Default Dust and Noise

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:13:01 -0700, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

I hate to disagree with you, but you might want to refer to any number
of research studies, reports and manuals on this issue, for example
from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (Kanuckistan's
equivalent to HUD):

well I got the info when I was a recording engineer. where studios were built
with two walls. sound was a battle and far better tested then in houses.
You want dead air space several layers of it.
but in a regular wall or floor the wall itself will transmit sound.
there are things that absorb sound too. but the dead air space is the most
effective and cost effective method. If you want a few books on it just holler I
can see if I can still find them.
it was something I used to be really interested in and read quite a bit of it.
"Adding more insulation, or denser insulation improves acoustic performance,
however it is not significant without resilient channels."
A quote from the site.
dead air space is very good but not easy to achieve. If you could have several
separated layers of insulation in the floor over one stuffed piece it would work
better.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes