Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dieseldes Dieseldes is offline

Default scrap metal revisited

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Dieseldes" contains these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from "Dieseldes" contains these
words:
"jives11" wrote:

Hi, I keep hearing about how scrap metal prices have gone
through
the roof and how abandoned car wrecks are a thing of the past as
they get snapped up by scarp metal men. Is this a myth? I wonder
if the growing shed of cast off diy metal brick-a-brack
(castings,
bearings, assorted rubbish) is better taken to a merchants than
the recycling center ? Does anyone have experience of the types
and
minimum amounts of metalwork that are worth selling ?

Up here (Central Scotland) one company will come and pick up any
car
and give you £100! changed days!!

Henry Grey (Kirkcaldy) has always done that. The price has gone up
slightly, from £80 some 20 or so years ago.

Got it (them) in one.....

Of course I did - I used to know all the scrap dealers/auto breakers
in Scotland, when I owned a scrapyard...! ;-)

and if you were anywhere between Perth and Glasgow in the last 30 years I
have probably visited you...

Perth. We had a variety of addresses, the last two being 'near the
railway
station', and 'Inveralmond Estate'...

--
AnneJ

Yes It would have been Inveralmond, this interwebby thing makes it a small
world

Des