Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

In article ,
wrote:

I'm sure the tracks go there. If people would ride a passenger train,
somebody would run one.

Go to the area, but few go on downtown. Although the other problem is
that the major players (CSX, NS, etc) generally view passengers as more
trouble than they are worth. Even if someone else was going to run it,
the RR that owns the track still has to crew it (at least that was the
case a few years when I was involved with a museum that also ran steam
loco trips). They have to work the newbie around their regular trains
(hard enough to get them to do for singleton trips, I can only imagine
the gnashing of teeth associated with multiple trips). Insurance. All
sorts of reason.