Posted to alt.home.repair
Davebf303 Davebf303 is offline

Default Can a circuit breaker go bad?

On Apr 2, 12:33*pm, Joy wrote:
Last night we had a thunderstorm and this morning, one entire circuit in *
our box is dead.

The breaker was not tripped. I even turned it off and on again but that *
did nothing.

One other breaker was off, but that only goes to the indoor tub\jacuzzi *
which is not working so I MAY have turned it off myself a while ago, but I *
don't think so. I turned that back on.

The dead circuit is for the garage door openers and some lights and *
outlets in the upstairs bathrooms for the most part.

Any ideas of what may have happened?

Thanks so much.

Joy

I do a lot of handyman work and you would not believe how many times
that I find a non-working garage door is simply the result of a GFI
that has been tripped by a hair dryer or heater plugged into the bath
circuit. Don't feel too bad that you didn't catch it earlier. What
you went through is very common.