Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default scrap metal revisited

On 2008-04-03, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 3 Apr, 11:02, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

I'm currently collecting all my bits of platinum wire.

Platinum's a pain though. JM are unpleasant to deal with unless you're
trade, jewellers are generally thieving short-changers when it comes
to dealing bullion and even a crucible to turn your dust & wire into a
reasonable ingot is likely to cost a fair price in its own right.

I just love recycling silver (it's so easy!), and cuppelating mucky
gold is an excuse to make shakudo.

Blimey. Not often I learn three new words in a day.

cuppelation, shakudo and litharge (in the Wikipedia definition of cuppelation).
I already knew what a tsuba (I can see 2 from where I'm sitting) is. And a
yatate.

You're not in Yo Sushi again are you? ;-)