Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Light bulb power saver

"Silver Surfer" wrote in message
Oops. I should have revealed my ulterior motive. My daughter's
mother-in-law has an outside light fixture that eats incandescent bulbs

for
some reason. I measured the voltage and found that it was 123 volts. No
other fixtures in the house eat bulbs like this one does. My wild guess

is
that the house wiring (relatively new abode) may be miswired or defective

in
some strange way. Would rather not spend a lot of time tracing it out

while
possibly damaging the wallboard and such.

She uses a low wattage bulb in the fixture. My thinking was to use one of
the disc thingies in the fixture with a higher wattage bulb. Perhaps the
diode would save the bulb from a peculiar voltage surge if that indeed is
what is happening. Just trying to find an quick, easy, and lazy way out.

Why don't you just use a 130V appliance bulb?

----- The Lady from Philadelphia