Doug Miller

Default New To The Group

In article 3f1573d7_3@newsfeed, "noone" nowhere.com wrote:
"Roy Welsandt" wrote in message
Hello.

I am new to the group. Are there any special conventions and protocols I
need to be aware of?

Welcome to the group. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Watch for the trolls (Don't feed the trolls G)

Some known trolls to avoid a

Al Kyder, whose posts are usually off-topic and frequently offensive;

Puppy Wizard, whose posts are always off-topic and always offensive;

Cass ), who cross-posts *everything* to alt.rv
and similar groups that are totally unrelated to woodworking, and somehow
manages to manufacture an argument in every thread s/he has ever posted to;

Woodworker Joe aka Woody Woodpecker ), who is not,
strictly speaking, a troll; however, his advice on most topics should perhaps
be taken with a grain or two of salt, and under NO circumstances should you
EVER follow his advice on anything dealing with electricity.

You will soon see that there is a diversity of political opinion in the group,
and several of us at various points on the spectrum hold our opinions strongly
and have no hesitation at expressing them. If you are politically
conservative, you may find yourself annoyed from time to time with Charlie
Self. Charlie is NOT a troll. His woodworking advice is of great value, and it
would be a HUGE mistake to killfile him because of a disagreement over
politics.

--
Regards,