Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default mill vise problems--am I doing something wrong?

I cannot imagine what you are doing to cause this problem from your
information supplied, but it is highly unusual. Please describe what you are
doing and how.
Steve

wrote in message
I have a Sherline vertical mill (the 5000 series) and I keep having a
problem with my aluminum workpiece pulling loose from the mill vise.
I have NEVER had very good luck getting the Sherline mill vise to hold
aluminum terribly well. Is this a deficiency of their mill vise?
Would a different mill vise solve the problem? Is it possible that .
010" cuts are too much?