Sir Edgar

Default campbell hausfeld compressors quality

Renata wrote:
Group: rec.woodworking Date: Tue, Jul 15, 2003, 12:30pm (EDT+4) From:
(Renata)
Are there any known problems with quality with this particular brand?
snip
I have had a CH compressor for about 10 years. The cast iron compressor
(oil in crankcase) and the motor are excellent. All of the control
components, i.e., pressure regulator, unloader, on-off switch, etc., are
very cheaply made and part of an integrated plastic assembly. I have had
to replace this once at a price of $60.00. They have no in-house
customer service department, When you call their 800 number you get a
computer voice that directs you to their nearest service shop, according
to your zip code, which is many miles away in my case. I will say that
when I called this shop the person was quite knowlegeable. But it cost
me a toll call and a 100 mile roundtrip drive to get a new pressure
relief valve which leaked. I also replaced the drain cock, which was the
type used on automobile radiators and impossible to open, with a ball
valve that has a handle on it. When the next part fails I will buy
another make of air compressor.
Peace ~ Sir Edgar
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F 8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8