Posted to alt.home.repair
lanman lanman is offline

Default Furnace recommendations

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:14:38 -0400, Blattus Slafaly 0/00 ? ? ?
wrote:

lanman wrote:
I am in need of a new furnace for a rental property. The property is a
small cape, and the size of the furnace needed is 85K BTU, and it uses
oil.

I'm told by friends that the brand of furnace is less important than
the burner, and that as long as it has a Beckett burner all will be
well.

Can anyone recommend a good furnace with no frills, a Beckett burner,
and an efficiency rating around 85% that a non-licensed consumer can
purchase at a discount warehouse. Thanks...

Utica boilers. Beckett is not the only burner maker others are just as
good like Wayne, Miller.

Monitor heaters are nice too. Propane furnaces are nice and quiet.

From the conversations I've had thus far with people in the HVAC
business, Beckett is a favorite with many. Why? Simplicity,
durability, ease of maintenance, and availability of parts. Since I
need a furnace for a rental property, and since durability and easy
maintenance are the most important criteria for me, Beckett is
currently at the top of my list until someone convinces me of
something better.