Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Waist more Energy Water tank temp set to High? Natural gas.

On Apr 1, 10:25*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Apr 1, 10:12*am, "Bill" wrote:

Then beyond that, use less hot water. Do dishes by hand, wash clothes in
cold water, get a valve on the shower to stop the water flow while you are
soaping up, etc.

Sorry, I'd use up more hot water doing dishes by hand than by using
the
dishwasher. *Trust me on this one; I've done dishes both ways.

Cindy Hamilton

Yes, I agree and I think most people would use more water hand washing
compared to recent vintage dishwashers. You could argue that if you
were real careful about trying to save water by hand washing them, it
would use less. But for the typical person doing them in a typical
fashion, I bet they use more water than the dishwasher