Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default renting trucks from uhaul - do any of purchase the optionalinsurance?

On Apr 1, 10:37*am, "S. Barker" wrote:
You insure the car, not the driver. *Better read it closer.

Obviously you don't have a clue here. Vehicles don't cause
accidents, people do. As Kurt pointed out, almost all policies cover
the policy holder for liability, regardless of who's car they happens
to be driving. That means if I borrow someone's car and cause an
accident, my insurance company will cover me to the limits of my
policy for damage and injuries I caused to the vehicle I hit. This
only makes sense. You think I want to get behind the wheel of
someone else's car, say while sharing driving on a trip, have an
accident, and then find out they only have the minimal coverage and
the accident exceeds that? Or that they let the policy lapse and
have no insurance? I don't care about that, because MY policy
protects me.

Now, if you have collision coverage on your car, in most cases, that
coverage may not extend to another vehicle you happen to be driving.

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

* * According to my insurance agent, the policy follows me, not the
vehicle. So, whatever I am driving is covered.- Hide quoted text -