Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default renting trucks from uhaul - do any of purchase the optionalinsurance?

On Apr 1, 7:48*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article zfidnUW4ZKklDGzanZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@sasktel,
*"Doug Brown" wrote:

Sort-a true but usually your own vehicle has to be "temporarily unavailable"
like it's in the shop. *I amnot aware of any auto policy that just straight
up covers the rental that I use one a one day basis, or maybe while on
holdays away from home or on a business trip. *I'm not saying that your
personal auto policy won't cover this but you had best check with your
broker/agent first.

* * *According to my insurance agent, the policy follows me, not the
vehicle. So, whatever I am driving is covered.

I would bet that statement is untrue. For example, I highly doubt
that collision coverage on a 5 year old economy Hyundai is going to
pay for the cost of a totalled rental Lincoln Navigator.