Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Furnace recommendations

Boden wrote:

-snip-
Both of the furnaces in my home are Thermopride (forced hot air) with
Beckett oil burners.

I'm not the OP- but I'm sort of looking for a furnace. Since you're
the second one to say Thermopride, I had to go look. I haven't
looked at furnaces for 30 yrs- so I was impressed with the idea of a
2-stage. Then I look at the specs and they confused me.
http://www.thermopride.com/OH6_2Stage.cfm#spec

At " low capacity" it has 'low fire' and 'high fire' at 70k & 85k BTU-
and at 'high capacity' it has 'low fire' and 'high fire' at 85k & 106k
BTU.

Is the low/high capacity different set-ups [just a nozzle &
adjustment?] - or does it output all those different BTUs from the
factory?

Jim