Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default Furnace recommendations

layman wrote:

I am in need of a new furnace for a rental property. The property is a
small cape, and the size of the furnace needed is 85K BTU, and it uses
oil.

I'm told by friends that the brand of furnace is less important than
the burner, and that as long as it has a Beckett burner all will be
well.

Can anyone recommend a good furnace with no frills, a Beckett burner,
and an efficiency rating around 85% that a non-licensed consumer can
purchase at a discount warehouse. Thanks...

Both of the furnaces in my home are Thermopride (forced hot air) with
Beckett oil burners. My water heaters also use Beckett oil burners and
I've had no problem with any of them. The Honeywell controllers are
another story though.