Peyton

Default campbell hausfeld compressors quality

Renata,

Similar story: I too have the CH 4 gal, 3 hp (yeah, right), 'Extreme
Duty' Contractor Series compressor...same as yours. The check valve
crapped-out about 1 month ago after having owned and used (sparingly)
for 1 year.

Interesting side: I bought it at The Despot, mostly due to the fact
that is was marked down from $260 to $210 (sold out of box as
returned/reconditioned). For a compressor of that size and price to
be putting out 6+ SCFM at 90psi, I thought it was a steal and since, I
have not come across any other brand that states similar volume for
less. Since purchasing that unit, I have seen another unit (exact
same model) on the floor at HD, out of the box, for the same price.

Conclusion: That particular model compressor by CH has a faulty check
valve that fails frequently. Most get returned, you and I own the
other 2.

(Renata) wrote in message ...
Thanx for the input so far.

Next question.

Guy at the service center told me that he'd recommend Emglo based on
numbers brought in for service. But, DeWalt now owns Emglo - so is
the quality still up to par? Looking at an Emglo oiled model, 2.5 HP,
4gal., single tank.

Thanx
Renata