Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default How to handle telemarketers

Mark & Juanita wrote:
Chip Buchholtz wrote:

B A R R Y wrote:
: After years on the various Do-Not-Call lists, and a phone company
: "Privacy Manager" subscription, I have to ask...

: What's a telemarketer? G

Beats me. I've got a a land-line with the least expensive plan,
attached to a single phone with the ringer turned off. I need the
line for DSL, and I can use it if there's a problem with my cell
phone. I use my cell phone for everything else.

No calls from politicians, charities, or telemarketers. The only
calls I get are from family, friends, and work.

--- Chip

Don't get too complacent. Telemarketers have started to invade cell phone
space. Right now, we only get one, it's from some auto warranty scam.
Have thus far just been hanging up on it; if it keeps up, we are going to
have to start registering cell phones on the do not call list.

We did ours at https://www.donotcall.gov/
mahalo,
jo4hn