Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to handle telemarketers

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Don't get too complacent. Telemarketers have started to invade cell
phone
space. Right now, we only get one, it's from some auto warranty scam.
Have thus far just been hanging up on it; if it keeps up, we are going to
have to start registering cell phones on the do not call list.

Got that one on my work cell phone too. ****ed me off the first time, the
second time I happened to have a few minutes. Kept the guy on for 15
minutes. I told him I wanted to get a warranty on a car I just bought, a
'91 Buick with 186,000 miles. Told him I was only the third owner so it was
in really good shape. He asked me how much I paid for it and I told him
$3600. I could hear him choke at that but he kept his pitch going. They
wanted $2200 for the warranty. Told him it sounded like a good deal and I'd
try to get the money. He called me back in an hour.

The things we do when bored.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/