Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Hitachi Power Tools - any experience?

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:26:39 -0000, Red Green
wrote:

That laminate flooring kills them. First one I put down I had a new steel
plywood blade laying around. Maybe 6 cuts and it was blue smoke trashed.
Carbide did well for the whole floor. Found out some laminate flooring
has aluminum oxide in it's surface. Same stuff used for metal sanding
paper. Steel blade didn't have a change :-)

I assume the person ran the carbide blade until it blue smoked. Can they
be sharpened when they are at that point

I learned the same thing about metal in some flooring. I was wondering
why the blades were dying a fast death.

I've installed urethane flex moulding* and THAT will kill a blade
faster than 5/8" thick Mohawk hardwood flooring

*
Valuflex is a urethane resin and can be used for most interior or
exterior profiles.

http://www.elandelwoodproducts.com/flex.html