Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Hitachi Power Tools - any experience?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Edwin:

Is it worth having them resharpened or are you talking about
sharpening yourself if you want to deal with it? Self sharpen
carbide???

If having them done elsewhere my first guess would be to try a tool
repair shop or an outdoor power equipment place that has a repair
shop.

Sharpening them right takes special equipment. I've had mine done
here
http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/shar...d4ac32256a697e
9648e001a754060

A 12" blade with 80 teeth is $16 plus shipping. A really good blade
is $50 to $150 so it is well worth sharpening them. I bought a DeWalt
12" miter saw. The blade was OK, but then I lent it to someone doing
laminate flooring, knowing the blade would be trashed when the job was
done. I sent it to Ridge Carbide and it came back better than when it
was new.

If I ever need a new blade, this is the one I'd get
http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/prod..._33&products_i
d=43&osCsid=a51d4ac32256a697e9648e001a754060

Thanks again Edwin. I kept that link. I see they are in NJ. From where I
am I see it will cost me $5.50 to ship it. Assume about the same to
return so $27 for a "new" blade.

That laminate flooring kills them. First one I put down I had a new steel
plywood blade laying around. Maybe 6 cuts and it was blue smoke trashed.
Carbide did well for the whole floor. Found out some laminate flooring
has aluminum oxide in it's surface. Same stuff used for metal sanding
paper. Steel blade didn't have a change :-)

I assume the person ran the carbide blade until it blue smoked. Can they
be sharpened when they are at that point?

Red...