Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hitachi Power Tools - any experience?

"Red Green" wrote in message
Edwin:

Is it worth having them resharpened or are you talking about sharpening
yourself if you want to deal with it? Self sharpen carbide???

If having them done elsewhere my first guess would be to try a tool
repair shop or an outdoor power equipment place that has a repair shop.

Sharpening them right takes special equipment. I've had mine done here
http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/shar...8e001a75 4060

A 12" blade with 80 teeth is $16 plus shipping. A really good blade is $50
to $150 so it is well worth sharpening them. I bought a DeWalt 12" miter
saw. The blade was OK, but then I lent it to someone doing laminate
flooring, knowing the blade would be trashed when the job was done. I sent
it to Ridge Carbide and it came back better than when it was new.

If I ever need a new blade, this is the one I'd get
http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/prod...648e001a754060