Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Moving a refrigerator

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
Terry wrote:
I plan to buy a new refrigerator. I then want to take my old one to
give to a relative.

(snip)
If the are delivering new frig in place (usually required for warranty),
ask the store how much more it would be to have their guys drop the old
one off at your relative's place, if they are local. If they say $50 or
less, jump on it. Seriously.

--
aem sends...

If he doesn't want to remove the cap, he could rent a pickup. I've seen them
at Home Depot for a pretty reasonable price.

IIRC, that truck is only available if you buy a load of material there.
Hey, it is cheaper for them than having their guy and their truck to
small deliveries.

--
aem sends...