Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Miter Saw from harbor freight ?

On Mar 29, 8:34*am, Robert Allison wrote:
Harry K wrote:
On Mar 29, 7:33 am, "James" wrote:

Doesn't *the sliding type miter saw allow for wider cuts ?

James

Yes, a lot wider. *Mine will miter 45" on a 2x6. *I think it goes
wider than that but it does go at _least_ that far.

Harry K

Jesus! *45"! *That is more than my Radial Arm saw will do! *My
12" sliding compound will only cut about 14" at most. *What size
is yours?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Aha! Now I see that I said " when it should have been degrees. As an
aside, if I were buying a miter saw, I wouldn't look at any that
aren't at least a 'sliding' one and it should also be 'compound'.
Mine is. Quite a tool for the cheap price.

Harry K