Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default Hitachi Power Tools - any experience?

"Red Green" wrote in message

I've been looking to replace my cast iron 10" miter saw before I
seriously get hurt. Among other things the brake is shot, cord strain
relief going into motor housing is half broken (probably from using at
10 below zero), doesn't cut 45 degree bevel 90 degrees perpendicular.

I never had, used or know anyone that owns Hitachi equipment. Lowes has
reduced the price of a 12" DUAL bevel from 319 to 289. They are
currently having a 15% off power tools sale which brings this to like
$246 and I have a $10 off coupon. So 236 for a dual bevel 12" is pretty
damm good when compared to what I see.

Sure, I know I can get some POS from Harbor Freight. The only
question is how does the quality of Hitachi compare to say Ridgid,
DeWalt, Craftsman. I know Ridgid has lifetime warranty now. Hatachi
gives 5 yrs on miter saws.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...FDH&lpage=none

Not a contractor but I use it a lot rebuilding foreclosed "HUD Wrecks".

All I know about Ridgid is they make great plumbing tools. I have DeWalt,
not miter saw, and think its a little overrated. Craftsman power tools, a
notch above Harbor Freight, is not in the same league as Hitachi. Check out
the reviews on Fine Woodworking. This one is from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-C12FDH...6836320&sr=1-1