David A. Frantz

Default Want to surprise my husband with a belt sander, but WHICH ONE???

Hi Michelle;

You have one lucky husband!

Not to throw a wrench into things here but are you sure he wants a hand
held balt sander? You might want to zero in on what his desires are.
If he has need for a stationary tool, the the portable tool might not do
him any good.

I don't believe I just wrote that previous sentence. Free tools like
free woman are a beuatiful thing. I'm sure he would be happy with what
ever he got. As to the brands you listed, I would drop the Ryobi if he
is into this activity to any extent. Add to the list Milwaukee.

Thanks
Dave

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 19:24:50 -0700, Michelle in League City wrote:

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!! My husband mentioned in passing he would
like to have a belt sander - I would like to surprise him with one for
his birthday, but have not a clue which brand to buy for him or what
features to look for. He has been woodworking for a couple of years
now, starting slowly building a bookcase (his current project is
building a casing for his father's remains). I don't suspect he'll be
sanding any floors, but I would like to get him something he can keep
for years! I've done some limited research and found a few brands,
Porter Cable, Ryobi and Makita. Please help me out!!