Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Wind fencing

I live where it gets very windy sometimes. I am looking for ways to break
the wind, and to create air movement up and over some areas. I've been
reading all sorts of things, and gathering information on principles,
basics, and design.

Has anyone ever build any wind deflection fencing or structures, and how did
it work out?

And for carport structures, and lean to attached sun shades made of
corrugated metal, what can you do to reduce lift on a 300-400 square foot
structure? Break it into two surfaces on the horizontal plane, one a foot
higher than the other to provide a high pressure relief area?

I'm going to make this with three 1800# column support concrete piers, but
the wind where I live gets bodacious at times, and I'd like to overbuild
just for peace of mind.

Thanks in advance.

Steve