Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Billy Mays TV Filter Needed

Try using the Mute button on the remote, or just simply turn down the
volume. It's a lot cheaper than having a custom made filter! Then
when the commercial expires, you will be stuck with a useless device!

Jerry G.
======

On Mar 28, 10:57*am, wrote:
Do we have any electronics experts out here who can develop a Billy
Mays TV filter? *What's needed is a filter which will automatically
mute the sound whenever a yelling Billy Mays commercial comes on.

If you're not familiar with Billy Mays, he's the dark bearded fat man
who can not speak in a normal tone, only yells and screams. *He does
commercials for Oxy Clean, Hercules Hook, and all sorts of other
useless junk. *The ideal solution would be to hang him from a hercules
hook, and while giving him an oxy clean enema, remove his vocal
chords. *But that's not likely to happen.

I'm getting really tired of manually hitting the mute button on my
remote everytime his abrasive and most irritating yelling voice
invades my serenity. *There's got to be a way to automatically detect
his obnoxious voice and instantly mute the sound for the duration of
the commercial. *

If anyone can develop one of these, they could become wealthy. *Please
post the schematic if you know a way to block him.

One final comment. *If you hate this guy as much as most of us do,
NEVER, EVER buy anything he advertises. *Besides most if not all the
products he promotes are junk, (recently proven by consumer groups).
You do not want to support his products. *If sales drop, his
commercials will also be dropped, and he'll fade out of out
televisions and never be heard from again.

Until then, we need a Mays Filter !!!!

Dan