Posted to alt.home.repair
Ladykins Ladykins is offline

Default Conversion Oil fired boiler to Electric boiler

Ladykins had written this in response to
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/...er-217798-.htm
:
Hi can anybody help me? I have lived at my house for 3 years and have a
behind the wall old fashioned boiler in the dining room, like a lot of
terraced houses! - it is a LANDIS & GYR controlled timer system. It has
always worked fine but today I switched the heating on (constant) and
behind the wall seemed to be making a loud noise and the flames were
visible and burning quite ferociously

If anyone knows what this problem is or might be, please contact me . I
have turned my heating for the radiators and water off

Thanks

-------------------------------------
wrote:

Living in Quebec which supposedly has the cheapest hydro rates in
North America I'm considering changing from an old oil fired boiler to
an electric boiler.
I have a relatively small house and the much smaller boiler unit, no
more oil tank, cleanliness and apparently faster heating time really
appeals me.
Anyone have thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance

Delivered via