Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radio Shack antenna and new HDTV doesn't receive many channelsany more

On Mar 28, 8:21Â*am, " wrote:
On Mar 27, 10:02�pm, wallymcdoogle wrote:

Hi,

I bought a $32 Rad-Shack Digital antenna to use with my new Sharp 46"
HCTV. For 2 days I picked up many channels and the reception was
awesome. Suddenly it stopped receiving all of the channels, and now
only picks up 3 with poor quality. I took the TV to the basement
analog TV and it worked fine down there in a hole.

I also have a new problem at the same time with my laptops not getting
wireless reception upstairs in our living area. The wireless router is
downstairs in the basement and the upstairs reception was awesome
before this last week.

I've been told the weather could do it, but we've had clear days.

I recently added a cat5 cable from the basement to an upstairs bedroom
to replace a bad/old cat 5 cable, as well as added a Yamaha receiver
and Bose speaker system. I've unplugged both and have found no
improvement in TV or wireless.

Any ideas?

Thanks

digital tv can be greatky effected by a variety of weather issues.

why not return antenna to radio shack and try another one? since its
new- Hide quoted text -

Go to www.antennaweb.org. They have a utility where you can put in
your address and it will show the transmitters, angle, distance and
recommend what antenna is appropriate. Obviously there is a big
difference where the transmitter is 4 miles away vs 40. Also, I'd
check with neighbors as to what kind of antennas they have. If they
are using large outside ones and you're attempting to use a small
inside one, then that could be an issue.