Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Code violations, including storage of gasoline outside?

mm wrote:

On 27 Mar 2008 19:29:08 -0700, Banty wrote:

I know more about my n'bors than you do. And I know the one who left
an AC compressor (the whole box) in the middle of her back yard for 6
months, though I never even considered complaining, and never puts a
leash on her dog when she walks him (a pit bull), which the HOA has
complained about a lot of times, and who screamed like a banshee about
my yard when I talked to her nephew about the dog.

When you grow up, you may learn not to jump to conclusions.

So, this comes down to, what.... two wrongs make a right?

No, I didn't say anything like that. Since I can't reach the
inspector so far, I'm trying another method to find out what exactly
he was complaining about.

There are three tarps and I don't know which or how many he is
complaining about. There are two pieces of wood. Same question.

It's foolish to assume it is all of them, because in situations like
this it rarely is.

In my city, disabled vehicles are a code violation. "Outside storage"
is also a code violation,
unless it is something intended to BE outdoors, like grill and lawn
furniture.

Or izzit "looky
they're even worser than I am"?

No, I didn't say that either. My point is that she's a nasty person
who would have complained no matter even when the things weren't so
bad.

The first time I complained about code violation in our condo was about
my hubby's junk
that was stored outside. He moved from a place with a lot of storage to
a condo with no
garage. Just had an emotional attachment to all his crap that was
relatively useless. I
thought the complaint was anonymous, but the enforcement officer showed
hubby my
email. That was the first time he considered divorcing me. I have
found that for the
number of people willing to act on code violations, there are probably
ten more who
are really bothered but do nothing.

Your place sounds like kind of an eyesore - you cover your patio to keep
from getting
oil on it, but it is piled with "stuff" that looks unsightly.

You want someone here to say "there there your
place isn't so bad ain't it awful someone complained", don't you.

Just read the code,

I would to be able to read the code. Do you have a copy?

My city has all of their building codes online.

bring your place up to code, then you don't have to worry
about who is saying what. It's pretty simple really.

Banty

When folks work hard to keep their property looking nice, and spend a
fair sum of
money, they don't want to sit in the yard or look out the window and see
their
neighbor's junk. That's why there are building codes.