Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Kilz Primer/Sealer: Water Or Oil Based To Use ?

the water based kilz is worthless. Use the original.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a water stain (brownish) on my bathroom ceiling.
Problem has been corrected, and I don't expect a repeat.

Would like to put Kilz Primer/Sealer over the stain.
Since I don't expect any further leakage, can I use a water based Kilz
instead of their oil based product ?

Or, would the brownish stain would eventually bleed thru any water based
Kilz, even though the stain is dry now ?

The reason I ask, is that the ceiling is presently painted with a latex
paint, and if I have to put the
Kilz over the whole ceiling to make things blend well for the future
topcoat of a regular paint, I know an oil based product
like Kilz oil would probably not go over the presently latex painted
ceiling well.

Thanks,
B.