Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for safety switch covers

On 3/26/2008 11:18 PM KJS spake thus:

There are plastic switchguards available which are like small boxes with
hinged lids which fasten to the coverplate screws. You can pop open the
cover with your fingers to get at the switch, but it takes some intention.
I've used them for kitchen disposal switches and similar applications.

Take a look at these:

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl....&st=7916&st2=-
41768417&st3=67972723&Product_ID=53&CATID=1&test=t estpl

Or this (same item at higher price, but shorter URL):
http://www.babyguard.com/swlogu.html

In our contest for the most appropriate solution to the problem I gave,
the winner is ... you. This looks the closest to what I was asking for.
Thanks.

By the way, you might consider getting a news reader that doesn't chop
up long URLs (like Thunderbird, what I use). Just a suggestion.