Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default FM Radio Antenna

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:16:44 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

BTW, I used to know some people around here would listen to TV channel
6 using FM radios. It's near the low end of the radio's tuning range.
This would likely not work with a modern radio with digital tuning.

Seems to. The local Channel 6 actively markets the FM channel so that
you can hear their programming (especially the local news) in your car.

That sounds like your station has a different audio channel for that
purpose. Some do, although that has nothing to do with what I was
talking about. TV stations normally broadcast audio using FM (at least
for another year or so).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
please ignore it. If you don't know how to
ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
demonstrate."