Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default best hot tub for the buck

wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 06:49:38 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hmmm,
Nothing I like. Germ brewer, chemical soup, you want to soak in it?
My neighborhood has hot tubs almost in every back yard. After initial
excitement wears out, VERY, VERY seldom I see anyone using it.
They just sit there with cover on. Hardly see anyone sitting in it.
I don't have hot tub but I have a sauna I use at least 3-4 times a week.

I agree, I have seen the same thing here. I can't say about the sauna.

I have had Hot Tubs since the early 1970's. The first one was a huge
wine cask heated by a heat exchanger on a glassblower's furnaces.
Today I have a modern Thermospas Hot Tub which is now about 10 years
old. It requires very little maintenance, and gets used 2 or 3 times a
week. My neighbors might think I don't use it very much, because

1) they can't really see it very well because of it's location and a
privacy fence.

2) I tend to use it at night or very early in the morning.

I probably average using mine just less than twice a day. There is no better
motivation to climb out of bed than a hot soak.