Leon

Default campbell hausfeld compressors quality

I suspect you got a bad one...and suspect that what every valve you think is
broken, may be a bad one and is probably not an inherent problem. I think
the bigger problem with these direct drive compressors is the Oil-less
design. Some direct drives use oil.

"Renata" wrote in message
Are there any known problems with quality with this particular brand?

I've got a 4gal, oil-less, double hot dog (sorry, don't know the
technical terms) extreme duty, contractor grade, blah, blah, blah unit
that hasn't been used very much at all. But, the check valve seems to
be busted (based on symptoms and web site description - item #5 under
technical support). I'm in the middle of a job, deperately trying to
finish and the thing craps out (after very few hours of use). Gonna
take it in for service or return, but just wondering about reputation
(it broke so fast I suspect it's a defect; the other question is, have
they fixed the design so that it doesn't recur).

THanx
Renata