Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Making your phone ring

You can find out what the number is of the phone you're using by
calling 1-800-444-4444 .

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:52:57 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

At this very time, our numbers are being distributed to telemarketing
firms across the globe.

Good phone numbers are freely available without thiis. Google (among
others) will not only sell your phone number, they will give the
customer a browsing history if you have ever given your phone number
to a merchant on the web who stores cookies.

I'm not convinced but this is from a regular poster who is not an
idiot.

True story, my wife googled replacemnent windows and 20 minutes later
her CELL PHONE rang. It was a saleman from Sears who said "we see you
have been looking at windows" and told her about the windows she
looked at (none of them at Sears.com).
The common denominator google, the ultimate evil.

I give Google as little information as possible, and never keep
cookies for them.

I do allow cookies in almost all cases.

I went to buy something from Amazon and when I went to check out,
there were two things there from months ago, when I was just pricing
things or trying to find out how much shipping costs.

it's a good think I looked at the screen and didn't just pay for
everything. I had 3 or one thing I could at most use one of.