Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Need info on water filled dryer filter boxes

Joy wrote:
Thanks for the benefit of your experiences! This is what came with the
dryer in my in-laws condo. Good idea about venting out the window, but
the nearest window is not close and they would not be able to do what
you suggest.

How far from the drier is the nearest window?

I'll have to give some thought to a real filter like you suggest since,
I, too, am concerned about all the extra humidity. Who needs the extra
water vapor this thing adds?

It will add a lot of heat and humidity. Think about how heavy wet clothes
are. Every bit of that water will end up inside the condo. I'd also be
concerned about enough moisture to let mold take hold.

I still don't know how much water they are supposed to put in that
thing. I can go to Home Depot or Lowes and look at the directions if I
can find one unless you remember.

There should be a fill line on the filter body.

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.