Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Making your phone ring

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:54:54 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:34:54 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

When I'm traveling I cut myself completely off. No telephone calls. No
e-mail. The only electronics I carry is my camera.

I do leave an itinerary behind. So if something important happens, e.g. a
death in the family, I can be reached.

I agree. A vacation is to get away.

BTW if someone did die and they couldn't tell you right away what
would happen? They wouldn't still be dead when you got home?

It's strange the way people treat death as an emergency, like they're
not going to stay dead very long.

For the most part, I'd rather not have a phone with me when I'm
driving. It could still be useful in emergencies (real ones).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
please ignore it. If you don't know how to
ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
demonstrate."