Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default [OT] -- Pan Newsreader Help

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:11:25 -0400, Steve Ackman wrote:

In , on Wed, 26 Mar 2008
10:10:46 -0500, Tim Wescott, wrote:

Well, I _tried_ to block any posts that included misc.survivalism, but
PAN doesn't seem to know what the heck I mean.

Any pointers on how to get 'er done?

I use slrn, but Pan uses the same syntax, if not
the same range of rules. Try this:

%BOS

[rec.crafts.metalworking]
Sco =-9999
Xref:.*misc.survivalism
%EOS

Basically "when you're reading rec.crafts.metalworking,
block any that are crossposted to misc.survivalism." You can make the
block universal (and most likely more CPU consuming) by using[*]
instead of [rec.crafts.metalworking]

Thanks, I'll try it.

I'm sure that sometime between now and November I'll be checking out of
the group for a while, but this should stave off that day.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com