Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Mounting Sheet Metal?

I don't understand the fad of the stainless appliances anyway.....
Stainless is a bitch to keep clean. Ask any janitorial service person about
drinking fountains.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Mar 26, 11:10 am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

nhurst wrote:
On Mar 26, 10:09 am, "S. Barker" wrote:
what the hell refrigerator (note proper spelling of this word) is NOT
steel
sided?

"Dan R" wrote in message

Hi, so I just moved into a new place (leased, not owned), and I have
slight problem... the refridgerator isn't magnetic, and I have a lot
of magnetic spice containers that I was going to put there. So I
bought a piece of sheet metal that the magnets do stick to.

I want to mount it to the piece of wallboard on the side of the
refridgerator.

What's the best way to mount it? Just drill holes in the corners and
use some short drywall screws? or is there a better way?

Stainless steel is nonmagnetic, so if it's a stainless fridge, magnets
won't stick!

-Nathan

Hmm, interesting. The SO wants a stainless fridge, but she has a lot of
magnet clutter on the old one... Never thought about the stainless ones
being non-magnetic but it's a good point.

(Incidentally, many types of stainless *are* magnetic. Given the
popularity of magnets on fridges, you'd think some appliance
manufacturer would jump on that possibility.)- Hide quoted text -

I saw this on TV last week. Not sure if it was Cool Tools or not - it
wasn't exactly an infomercial, but it was certainly one of those
crossover segments where it ends up being nothing more than an
extended commercial in the middle of a regular show, using the show's
host and format as the backdrop. I hate it when they do that.

But I digress...

Turn your current appliances into stainless steel, magnetic and all.

http://www.liquidstainlesssteel.com/

I wouldn't mind seeing the results of this product, bu I'm sure not
going to try it myself!