Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Mounting Sheet Metal?

On Mar 26, 11:10*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*nhurst wrote:
On Mar 26, 10:09 am, "S. Barker" wrote:
what the hell refrigerator (note proper spelling of this word) is NOT steel
sided?

"Dan R" wrote in message

Hi, so I just moved into a new place (leased, not owned), and I have a
slight problem... *the refridgerator isn't magnetic, and I have a lot
of magnetic spice containers that I was going to put there. *So I
bought a piece of sheet metal that the magnets do stick to.

I want to mount it to the piece of wallboard on the side of the
refridgerator.

What's the best way to mount it? *Just drill holes in the corners and
use some short drywall screws? *or is there a better way?

Stainless steel is nonmagnetic, so if it's a stainless fridge, magnets
won't stick!

-Nathan

Hmm, interesting. The SO wants a stainless fridge, but she has a lot of
magnet clutter on the old one... Never thought about the stainless ones
being non-magnetic but it's a good point.

(Incidentally, many types of stainless *are* magnetic. Given the
popularity of magnets on fridges, you'd think some appliance
manufacturer would jump on that possibility.)- Hide quoted text -

I saw this on TV last week. Not sure if it was Cool Tools or not - it
wasn't exactly an infomercial, but it was certainly one of those
crossover segments where it ends up being nothing more than an
extended commercial in the middle of a regular show, using the show's
host and format as the backdrop. I hate it when they do that.

But I digress...

Turn your current appliances into stainless steel, magnetic and all.

http://www.liquidstainlesssteel.com/

I wouldn't mind seeing the results of this product, bu I'm sure not
going to try it myself!