Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Kitchen flooring

"4square" wrote

Owain, funny you should mention cork, as I have now done three
bathrooms (not in same house) with Westco 4 mm thick cork tiles, a
bit 1970's some would say, but very eco and sustainable really, and
with good insulating properties. But, for a kitchen, would they
need to be more than 4 mm thick, and would they need a base layer
down to glue them to? - I do not know what this should be; in
bathrooms, I used hardboard, well pinned down to wooden floor with
copper nails. In addition, I dont think Westco supply 4 mm thick
cork tiles now, I have seen only 3.2 mm in Homebase recently. I
shall look into this further.

Are these well sealed and washable?
Otherwise the hygiene angle may make them unsuitable!

Phil