Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Laptop battery repair, help

Mark wrote:

My laptop battery died suddenly, so I measured the voltage which was
zero, Curious, nothing to lose I took the case apart and found the
black component arrowed
http://i29.tinypic.com/j9acrd.jpg
open circuit it is the main connection between battery pack and
circuit board, Battery measures full voltage before this device.
I assume this is a thermal/current breaker
So anyone know were I could find a replacement, or even exactly what
this component is.
If I can't find the correct replacement part I am considering
replacing with some sort of a wired fuse any thoughts on this
welcome, battery is 10v-4500mAh.
if anyone knows of a better newsgroup to ask about this, that would
also be helpful.
Thanks
Mark

Try posting to comp.systems.laptops - there are some very knowledeable
people there who know all about batteries.
--
Cheers,
Roger